ReThink Beauty

 Here is the truth... body image in women, in every woman, is a struggle we face every single day. The magazines on every news stand, in every grocery store, on every shelf, are not helping! There isn't a single magazine I can think of out there that really PROACTIVELY addresses the issues we face, they really only add fuel to the flame.

There is this mentality that we sometimes develop that if we just pretend it doesn't matter then it won't. This past issue on beauty really brought this to my attention https://turbinei.com.br/comprar-seguidores-no-instagram/ . How do we write about what makes us feel beautiful when we don't actually feel beautiful? How do we instill these lessons in our daughters when we still don't have them in ourselves? Why do we feel like hypocrites when it comes to beauty? So we tell ourselves that we don't care about losing twenty pounds, or dressing up, or feeling beautiful. But these are real issues that every woman, Christian or Not, struggles with and we will get nowhere by pretending they shouldn't or don't matter. Because they do!

Every magazine directed towards women does a great job of putting the issues front and center. Magazines sell because they focus on issues that women struggle with. EVERY WOMAN. I won't lie. I am drawn to every article I see on beauty products, tips, losing weight, eating healthy, and fashion https://signature-products.com/. I watch YouTube videos on how to apply make-up, what products to buy, and how to do my hair. I find them interesting and I also enjoy them. I enjoy fashion (I love shopping), I enjoy make-up and getting my hair done, I work out on a regular basis, I watch what I eat, and I feel guilty when I make bad health decisions. I would be a hypocrite if I said I didn't care about all those things. I am a girl and I enjoy girly things! I love to get dressed up and feel beautiful!

Here is the problem. No matter how many hours I spend in front of the mirror, regardless of the videos I watch or the products I buy, I don' feel any more beautiful. What the magazines are selling isn't helping! But I keep buying and keep reading because it's the only source out there focusing on those issues... even if it is in a subtly detrimental way. There is a void in my heart that I just can't seem to fill.

And there it is. It's my heart. The hole, the pain, the desperation, the need to feel beautiful, I feel it in my heart. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again expecting to get different results. Up till now I have been insane, and there is a good chance you have been too. We keep doing to the same thing over and over again hoping to feel beautiful. Only we are tricked into thinking it's going to work because there is a new bottle, a new formula, a new cutting edge technology, a new magic wand that is going to transform us into Cinderella with a flick of the wrist and a few magic words. But even Cinderella only had until midnight... So I am ready to try something new. I am ready to work on my beauty from the inside out. This time I am not throwing all the things I love out the window. I am not going to stop wearing make-up or having my hair done, or pretend I don't like shopping. I am not going to shun beauty, I am going to Rethink it.

Rethink Beauty. Let's change the way we think about beauty. Let's change the way we think about losing weight, doing our hair, wearing our make-up, and buying our clothes. Let's start incorporating God into beauty instead of trying to separate the two, after all, He did CREATE it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty: Choosing Nature Over Danger

Learn About the Different Types of Internet Marketing